Here is some list of Venerable Brahmali's teachings in Written form. Where can I get more resources?

Hello,

After making some googling, I’ve got some items for the list.
And, the question is:

More resources?

• especially articles, books, transcripts, essays

Below are some I have found:

• Included
    • books,
    • articles,
    • writings,
    • discussions,
    • topics,
    • transcripts of audio/video
    • direct conversations (from seemingly reliable sources - may be hard to confirmed)

• Not Included
    • presentation slides
    • audio or video
    • someone’s interpretations of venerable (apart from some rare ‘direct conversations’)

Some list:

The three items marked by    #     are most probably identical. The same is true for    ^^    .

Symbol Shared to this post by Post referred
*V(1) @Viveka Ref. Post-a
Ref. Post-b

Topics

• ==> Topics Created on D&D <===

(Live-update: sorted by ?? latest activity in post)
    Btw, I don’t know what ‘activity’ means? Does a ‘read’ or a ‘scroll’ or a ‘love react’ count?

Discussions (by replying to other topics) Live-update

:anjal::anjal::anjal:

7 Likes

Yes, “Dependent Liberation” is identical with “Transcendental dependent arising”, and the other two too are identical.

4 Likes

I just noticed that the link to “Understanding the essence of Dependent Origination” seems to be broken. It links to another thread here on D&D, and from there is a link to (probably old version of) the Dhamaloka website. When it is on that site, it may also be a talk (audio, video?). I know that both essays have been made from talks originally; at some point they have been given new titles.

I love them!

2 Likes

Yes. But, the link shared in the third or so replied post still works, I think. ==> Understanding the Essence of Dependent Origination by Ajahn Brahmali - #3 by anon29387788

:anjal:

1 Like

You can also search the resources of BSWA.org under teachings :slight_smile:

A new essay/transcript has just been made available there. It is written from a perspective of investigation of the dhamma :slight_smile:

“Read the attached PDF, an edited version of a talk given by Ajahn Brahmali in Dhammaloka on 7 Dec 2018, with transcript prepared by Indira Fernando from Ajahn Brahm Society of Sri Lanka.”

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this, Viveka. And for sharing these thoughts and reflections in the first place, Ajahn @Brahmali! :pray: :hibiscus:

3 Likes

There is also this great article on cessation :slight_smile:

‘What the Nikayas Say and Do Not Say about Nibbana’
https://journals.equinoxpub.com/BSR/article/view/7139

sorry I should have grouped all these together

4 Likes

Thanks!

The title alone is somehow very beautiful and strangely poetic :heart: without needing any fancy structure nor being artificially minimalistic, making me feel sad by pressing me ask myself: “Why I’m not a Buddhist monk?” :sob:

And, Yes! I will try adding these new found treasures to OP.

:anjal::anjal::anjal:

Please just don’t worry. I’ll happily take care of that. :+1:

3 Likes

Not new, but I just realised I had 2 versions of The Authenticity of the Early Buddhist Texts
one from OCBS as posted above (http://ocbs.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/authenticity.pdf)
and another from BPS
authenticity.pdf (626.4 KB)

Also found another source of this (with clickable footnotes) Ajahn Brahmali - Jhāna and Lokuttarajjhāna (dhammatalks.net)

2 Likes